I don't care what anyone says, transdermal magnesium is a performance enhancing drug.
Magnesium is vital for hundreds of cellular processed and absorbtion through skin is the best way to increase levels. Google "functions of magnesium" and you will gt an idea of how important it is. Most americans are totally magnesium deficient, even when eating a decent diet.
I use this for strength and endurance training. I can powerlift harder and run farther when this is on my skin. It also helps with sore muscles. If you're looking for an edge make this and use it because it works.
I call this stuff dream cream because when we use it before bed we have intense vivid dreams. Sleep is just amazing with this stuff on the bottom of your feet.
Taking an oral magnesium supplement is not even close to the power of this cream. When you eat magnesium most is destroyed in the gut. Rubbing it on the skin allows the body to absorb it straight into the blood stream. It's fast acting and powerful.
Shea butter and coconut oil have a natural SPF of 4-5 and magnesium helps with vitamin D absorption so I like to cake this stuff on when I'm outdoors. It also leaves the skin smooth and moisteurized.
I also put this on my baby boys feet. He sleeps 10-11 hours straight each night. Make it...use it...
- 1/2 cup magnesium flakes + 3 tabespoons boiling water
- 1/4 cup unrefined coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons beeswax
- 3 tablespoons shea butter
- Completely dissolve the magnesium flakes into 3 tablespoons of boiling water. Stirring required.
- Combine the shea butter, coconut oil and beeswax into a glass mason jar. Place that mason jar into a pot of water 1-2 inches high and turn on medium heat. Melt the three ingredients into a liquid..
- After melted, remove from the pot and allow to cool until opaque. Once sufficiently cooled, transfer the cream to a large bowl.
- Use a hand blender to blend the cream on medium speed and begin slowly adding the magnesium/water solution only a couple drops at a time. If you add the magnesium solution faster than several drops at a time it will not work and the magnesium solution will end up separating from the cream. (i know because this happened to me several times when I tried to rush it)
- After blending everything, place the finished product into the fridge for 15 minutes. This creates the desireable thick consistency.
Slowly blending in the magnesium solution will take about 45 minutes to an hour. Thats the hardest part.
You can add zinc to increase the spf of the body butter, or essential oils for a nice added scent. I've used lavender, eucaliptus and lemon. Citrus essential oils will increase sensitivity to sun so be mindful of exposure.
Strength training: Rub this on the muscles you plan to train before exercise. If youre doing squats, rub it all over your gams! Deadlifts...low back.
Improved sleep: Rub this on the bottom of your feet 20 minutes before bed. Might need to put socks on if you plan on walking around before going to bed, its greasy.
Headaches: Rub on the back of the neck at the first sign of a headache.
Thanks for reading,